Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kebablhu progress

The last couple of weeks I've been working on putting the game together in Adventure game studio (AGS). After going through the 'Starting off' tutorial, which was amazingly straight forward and helpful. I've set up all the rooms and you can walk around the entire Kebablhu universe. All the backgrounds and objects are place holders at the moment though, so it doesn't look like much yet. I've started setting up all the hotspots for the first room so I can put in some of Nic's hilarious dialogue. And the more I put in, the more excited I get about how awesome this game could be.

Here is just a quick example of how hot spots work.

This is the first room with nothing selected


This is what it looks like with the hot spots menu selected, there is a drop down box on the right that lets you select which hotspot you want to paint. I have the beer tree selected.


This is the events tab on the right side. When you click on the 3 dots in the right column (it appears when you click on a cell). It takes you to the script for the room.

This is the script and you can see what happens when you look at or interact with the beer tree.


This is what it looks like in game.


It's amazingly simple to do, so I can definitely see us having something fun to play with in the next couple of weeks.

2 comments: